Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Fashionable Topic

     I have always found fashion to be an intriguing subject, and about a year ago I bought a book called 50 Fashion Designers You Should Know. I was reminded of this book recently when I was in search for a research topic. One of things that I found most interesting from the book was that at the top of each page it had laid out historic events along side with the fashion designers' timeline. This got me to think how historic events, especially political ones, have had an impact in the evolution of fashion.
     Through this topic I hope to find out what events during the 20th century lead to the bold changes in the fashion world. What defined fashion history? I aspire to find out more of how the political mood of the times during the 1900s changed fashion.

1 comment:

  1. An interesting topic, you could go many directions with this research.
    Fashion has interested me and I plan on visiting your blog often on what you have updated. Keep it up Luz!

    ReplyDelete